Thursday 7 April 2011

More thoughts on the widows mite



Linds posted some beautiful thoughts on the story of the widows mite a few weeks ago but when I was reading it today in Luke 21 I was reminded again how much I absolutely love this story. Dad and I have this Christensen print hanging in our room because its such a favorite of ours.

To me this story is about one of the founding principles of Christianity - Sacrifice. It was Christ's sacrifice for each one of us which will allow us all to return to live with God again. And sacrifice stems from one source. Christ explained this to us when he described the action
of another woman who had served him:

He said...'for she loved much' (Luke 7:47). The impetus for sacrifice - Love.

1 comment:

  1. Two thoughts, 'greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.' (John 15:13) and
    'it's not the nature of the gift that counts, but the nature of the sacrifice.' (Quoting a mission companion.) I love your thoughts about how we can show our love by sacrificing for each other.

    ReplyDelete