Tuesday 15 February 2011

Fish Oil Might Work


I've been keeping up with the NT reading schedule, so I've spent the last few weeks in the epistles.
I don't know how it is for anyone else, but for me the verses in the epistles are the hardest ones to focus on. My mind is always wandering and sometimes by the end of the chapter I think 'what was it I just read?' I know when I taught the NT in seminary that I was always struggling for ways to make the epistles interesting.
I've tried different methods to keep my mind focused - one being that after each verse I pause and ask - how does this apply to me? Sometimes that helps - but in today's reading of II Peter 2, the first 10 verses or so were all so interconnected that I found that method didn't help much.
Sometimes I read out loud, very theatrically. Or sometimes I just try to find one verse that I think would be wonderful enough to cross stitch and hang on the wall - like the one in I Peter 5:14 - 'Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity'
We'll soon we'll be reading Luke - I always do better with stories.
Or maybe I just need to up my daily dosage of fish oil - when you get to be my vintage that's required stuff for the brain.


1 comment:

  1. Good ideas for how to stay focused! I should also try fish oil! Sounds healthy either way~

    ReplyDelete